You are here

Where to Change your Major

If you have less than 59 credits hours or less than a 2.0 GPA, you initiate a change of major in the Academic Success Center in 115 Lee Hall.

If you have more than 60 credit hours and a 2.0 GPA or higher, you initiate a change of major in the Dean's office of the college of your new major.

If you are an athlete, you must obtain written permission from a counselor in the Student Athlete Academic Center before you change your major.

If you are registered with our online program, please email your name, ULID, and change of major request to


Music or Music Education

If you are transferring into Music or Music Education, you must pass an audition through the School of Music in Angelle Hall before your change of major can be initiated.


Nursing majors must be approved in Students Services in Wharton Hall.

Pre-Dental Hygiene

Pre-Dental Hygiene majors must have approval and change their major with their advisor in LEE 204A.

University College

If you are transferring into University College, you must have your transcript evaluated in General Studies before your Change of Major can be initiated. Unofficial transcripts (printed from ULink) can be used for the evaluation.  University College is currently located in the Declouet Hall.