How Do I Transfer to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette?
Step 1. Review the Guaranteed Requirements.
All applicants must be eligible to return to the most recent institution attended AND
- Must have earned an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution
Earned 24 hours or more (excluding developmental/remedial courses):
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.25 or higher (excluding developmental/remedial courses), AND
- Must have successfully completed both college-level freshman English (non-remedial) and college algebra (non-remedial) with the grade of C or better
Earned fewer than 24 hours (excluding developmental/remedial courses):
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.25 (excluding developmental and remedial courses) and meet all other admissions standards for first time freshmen.
If you are not eligible for guaranteed admission, you may be eligible to apply to the University through the Admission by Committee process. The Office of Admissions will notify you if you are eligible to be considered for admission to the University through Admission by Committee. For questions, contact:
115 Lee Hall
337- 482 -2059
Step 2. Complete the Admissions Process.
- Apply online for admission to the University. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
NOTE: There is a $25.00 non-refundable application fee. Payment must be submitted online in the form of credit card (Mastercard, Discover, and American Express) or electronic check. Check or money order is accepted via mail. Cash is not an accepted form of payment. Applications and/or application fees received beyond the priority processing dates will incur an additional $25.00 late application charge.
- College Transcripts: Transfer students must have each collegiate institution attended send an official transcript directly to the Office of Admissions at P.O. Box 41210, Lafayette LA 70504-1210 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are currently attending a University, we encourage a partial record to determine initial eligibility. A final official transcript will also need to be submitted upon completion of any classes currently attending. Please send the Request for Transcript of Credits Form to each institution when requesting transcripts to be sent to UL Lafayette.
- High School Transcripts: If you have less than 24 hours completed, you need to include a high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores.
- Immunization Form: Immunization Forms are to be submitted to Student Health Services (Please return the completed form to: University of Louisiana at Lafayette; Student Health Service: PO Box 43692, Lafayette, LA 70504-3692, Fax: 337-482-1873)
Step 3. After Admissions.
- Wait for notification from Admissions stating your admission status.
A notification from the Academic Success Center will arrive during the advising period, inviting you to meet with your advisor. Once you do this, you will be eligible to move forward with the registeration process.
- Summer or Fall - advising and scheduling is in April
- Spring - advising and scheduling is in November
- When you contact your advisor, ask if you need to bring a copy of your transcript to the appointment. Some advisors do not have immediate access to Admissions records.
- Sign up for orientation. Orientation is mandatory for all transfer students.
- If you plan to receive financial aid (loans, grants, LA TOPS), a completed transcript is neccessary to determine eligibility.