You are here

Course Scheduling Advising

Academic Advising Form

Advising forms (blue sheet) are available in your department. The form is to be completed and signed by you and the student. The sheet is given to the student and the yellow form is kept in the student’s folder. Remember, you must release the student’s advising hold.

Transfer Equivalency

The Transfer Evaluation System (TES) will assist you in reviewing what transfer work the University has evaluated and will accept. Evaluated courses from over 1600 institutions already exist in Transferology and TES. Courses not found in either system have yet to be reviewed. The systems are updated daily with newly evaluated courses.

Transfer Evaluation System (TES) allows you to select transfer institutions and view all courses that have an equivalent at the University.

Grade Checks - Student Success Manager

Alert checks are conducted through the Student Success Manager (SSM) system. (This is a replacement for GradesFirst). SSM is a web-based student performance monitoring system that provides automated student services and communication between faculty, students, and support staff.  At UL Lafayette, the SSM system is used to notify students at key times throughout the semester if they are at-risk of failing a course.  As identified by faculty and staff, automated email alerts are sent directly to academically at-risk students’ University email with important resources for student success.

The SSM system enables instructors to identify at-risk students early in the semester to allow for student support staff to provide intervention services when students need it most.  SSM is a user-friendly system that allows faculty and staff to easily be a part of the University’s retention efforts and connect students to the services they need to be academically successful.

Orientation Students

All first-time freshmen (FTF) and transfer (TR) students are required to attend an orientation program designed to provide new students with insight into many aspects of the University environment – academic, administrative, social, and cultural. The orientation sessions are held prior to the beginning of classes in the fall and spring as well as throughout the summer. FTF students will be advised and registered for classes during orientation. TR students have an opportunity to be advised and registered for classes before attending orientation.

Placement and Credit

Students are placed in Mathematics and English courses based on individual ACT, SAT, TOEFL, ACCUPLACER Writing, and ACCUPLACER QAS scores.  Students may also earn credit from High School Advanced Placement (AP), UL Lafayette Advance Credit Exams (ACE), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), or dual enrollment credit. Placement and Testing information can be found here.  Student testing scores are available on ULink in the Student Profile under Prior Education and Testing.  Earned credit is applied to the University transcript.